7 Great Travel Apps for Your Trip to The Bahamas
Posted by: Nassau Paradise Island on May 7, 2014
Everyone loves a vacation and everyone loves a useful app. So how about combining the two together? Well, we did a little digging and came up with seven awesome apps that we think will be useful (and fun!) for your next great getaway to Nassau Paradise Island.
1. GateGuru – Start your vacation right. Known as one of the best trip apps around, GateGuru is your best friend at airports. Use this app to effortlessly steer you around any airport, track down the closest Starbucks or snack stop, and board your plane in peace. GateGuru also has social media integration for real time updates, so you can tell everyone you’re on your way to @Nassau_Bahamas! (Just a heads up, GateGuru does not have any information about Nassau Lynden Pindling International Airport at this time.) Price: Free.
2. Pack & Go Deluxe – Hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, books…the kids. Did you remember everything? Don’t worry, The Pack & Go Deluxe app has you and your checklist covered! Create custom, ready-made lists for everyone on your trip, share them with friends and family members, and set reminders. Never forget anything (or anyone) again. Price: Deluxe version is $1.99; Pack & Go Lists is $0.99.
3. My Atlantis Guide – Designed just for you, My Atlantis Guide helps you easily navigate through Atlantis, Paradise Island and Aquaventure, gives you information about opening times for activities such as Dolphin Cay, and offers dining and nightlife suggestions. The app also contains interactive content that you can explore prior to and during your stay. This is a must-have app for anyone staying at Atlantis or surrounding Nassau Paradise Island hotels and resorts. Price: Free.
4. Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas – Watch high-definition videos and shark feeding dives, and explore Hollywood wrecks all from the Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas app. Get excited to dive and snorkel in Nassau Paradise Island from wherever you are! Book your spot with Stuart Cove’s, so you can experience diving in The Bahamas in person, rather than through just the smartphone app in your hand. (Give this app some extra time to download. There are lots of videos and photos waiting for you to discover!) Price: Free.
5. WhatsApp Messenger – Worried about roaming fees and phone charges on your vacation? Then get WhatsApp Messenger! WhatsApp Messenger allows you to send and receive unlimited messages, images, video and audio to and from everyone on your contact list by using the same Internet data plan that you use for email and Web browsing. A few other messaging apps you might be interested in are Viber, ooVoo and Skype. (It is recommended that you check with your cellular carrier before your trip about the availability of international coverage options.) Price: All apps are free.
6. Trip Journal – Track your itinerary, jot down your magic moments, and save your favorite memories with Trip Journal. This app helps you log your trip like a journal, and sends your friends and family real-time updates about your latest adventures. Post full-screen photos, comments, videos, and even write little notes about your day. Blog from the beach, snap a photo of your favorite meal, and share away. Trip Journal even has GPS tweeting so everyone can see that you’re tweeting and sharing from paradise. Price: $2.99.
7. Postagram – Want to send Mom a postcard on your trip, but are having trouble finding “the picture-perfect postcard”, plus you’d also like to save a little money in the process? Well, there’s an app for that! Postagram turns your iPhone, Instagram, and Facebook photos into postcards, and then delivers an actual paper postcard by mail. Take a photo of you at the beach or all dressed up for dinner. The best part about these postcards is that they are 100% original photos by you and from you and will be delivered anywhere in the US for $0.99, or outside of the US for $1.99— and the price includes postage! Price: Free for the app.
These are just a couple of the easy-to-use travel apps you can use to help plan your trip, make traveling even more enjoyable, and share your favorite moments. We recommend downloading all the apps you want and need before heading out on vacation. We wouldn’t want you to use all your data downloading. (Please note all the app prices listed above are for iPhones, so be sure to check out the pricing and availability for your smartphone.)
Remember to hashtag us with #nassauparadiseisland in your Instagram photos, and mention us @Nassau_Bahamas in your tweets. You never know when you’ll be our next retweet or in our Nassau Paradise Island Weekly Social News.
Are there any travel apps that you’ve previously used and liked? Let us know so we can share and help make everyone’s vacation the best one yet!