Five Reasons to Visit Nassau Paradise Island This Winter
Posted by: Nassau Paradise Island on November 18, 2015
November is here, and for many parts of the world, that means winter isn’t far behind. But not in The Bahamas! With warm temperatures and sunny skies year-round, it’s always summer here in Nassau Paradise Island, and The Bahamas is the perfect winter vacation destination to help you escape the cold-weather chills.
Here are just five of the many great reasons to plan a trip to Nassau Paradise Island this winter. You might need to visit more than once to fit everything in!
1. Sunshine, comfortable days, warm water… You’d never guess it’s the middle of January when you’re here in Nassau Paradise Island. Our average daily temperatures stay pleasantly warm throughout the winter, with the mercury reaching the high 70s every day. And with sunny skies and warm waters, you can indulge in your favorite outdoor activities like snorkeling, swimming, and sunbathing.
2. Take part in one of the Caribbean’s most colorful celebrations. On Boxing Day and New Year’s Eve, you can be part of Junkanoo, The Bahamas’ annual holiday celebration and undoubtedly the biggest nights of the year on the islands. Dance the night away at Nassau’s Junkanoo parades, complete with traditional music, elaborate costumes, and plenty of Bahamian spirit!
3. See one of the world’s most legendary performers on New Year’s Eve. If you’re visiting over the holidays, don’t miss Diana Ross live at the Atlantis Imperial Ballroom on New Year’s Eve! We can’t think of a more glamorous way to ring in 2016 than with one of the music industry’s top entertainers of all time here in Paradise in what promises to be a once-in-a-lifetime show. Check out all of Nassau Paradise Island’s upcoming events, including Diana Ross on New Year’s Eve.
4. Run a marathon (or 5k) in Paradise. Sign up now for the 2016 Marathon Bahamas happening January 16-17. With events ranging from a 5K to a full marathon and even a marathon relay, this fun event is a great way to explore Nassau Paradise Island on foot, get lots of exercise, and receive a medal for your efforts. After the marathon, spend the rest of the day relaxing on the beach – you’ve earned it!
5. Celebrate the holidays at the beach. Just because you’re away from home doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the best of the holidays in The Bahamas. Hotels and resorts often have special holiday activities planned. Atlantis Paradise Island, for example, has plenty of fun for the whole family scheduled throughout December including breakfast with Santa, Christmas craft sessions, and Menorah lightings for Hanukkah.
Beautiful weather, exclusive events, and holiday celebrations – what’s not to love about winter in Paradise? Check out our great travel deals and start planning your winter escape to Nassau Paradise Island today. Come and see for yourself why winter is better in The Bahamas!