Clean & Pristine Certification
The health and safety of our visitors remain a top priority on Nassau Paradise Island. Our member hotels and resorts have undergone strict certification and inspection by The Bahamas’ Clean & Pristine Certification Agency.
“Clean & Pristine” is your assurance that these hotels are adhering to The Bahamas’ government-approved guidelines, which reflect the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Appointment of a “Clean & Pristine” Manager or a designate responsible for oversight of the hotel’s health and safety program.
- Ensuring that staff members have access to operational health and safety procedures in place at the hotel that meet or exceed the Bahamas Government approved Health and Safety Protocols.
- Ensuring guests’ health and safety procedures are in place that meet or exceed Bahamas Government-approved health and safety protocols.
- Ensuring guests and staff procedures are in place to detect and respond to health and safety issues arising that may or may not be COVID-19 related, which meet or exceed Bahamas Government-approved health and safety guidelines.
- Ensuring staff who are under an active Stay-Home/Shelter-in-Place Notice or Quarantine Order are not at the hotel.
- Ensuring staff members have not visited restricted countries where COVID-19 related border restrictions are in place, in keeping with government-issued orders.
- Maintaining documents and records of all preventive measures.
- Putting measures in place to adequately train employees, on an ongoing basis, regarding health and safety practices.
- Ensuring that record-keeping, staff schedules, compliance checklists, and reporting procedures are in place to facilitate and support inspection requirements, and in order to assist with any requirement for contact tracing.
- Ensuring processes are in place to incorporate and inform guests and visitors of Bahamas Government-issued Emergency Orders which may affect hotel operations, employees, and guests accessing or staying at the facility respectively.
- Prominently placed signage throughout the hotel – guest-facing and back-of-the-house areas – that speaks to the health, hygiene, and physical distancing protocols as outlined by The Bahamas Ministry of Health.
- Access to a healthcare provider, either on-site or from a local healthcare center, private or public.
- Adequate signage outlining policies will be clearly displayed at all locations and will guide you through your stay.
All certified properties will be marked with the “Clean & Pristine” insignia and will undergo regular review to ensure standards are being upheld.