NASSAU PARADISE ISLAND RESORTS OFFER FOODIES A TASTE OF THE BAHAMAS WITH UPCOMING EVENTS AND NEW DINING CONCEPTS
Unique Epicurean Experiences Await Guests in Nassau Paradise Island with Exciting Events, New Restaurants and Unique Dining Experiences
NASSAU, Bahamas, August 8, 2022 – Nassau Paradise Island resorts are rolling out new culinary offerings and events that will elevate the guest experience in the Bahamas. Home to award-winning chef-driven restaurants, authentic island meals and refreshing drink options, the destination’s upcoming offerings and festivals will create unforgettable culinary experiences for visitors.
“Nassau Paradise Island is home to so many wonderful culinary experiences from celebrity chef restaurants to local spots that offer authentic Bahamian cuisine,” said Fred Lounsberry, CEO of the Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board. “The delicious meals and award-winning food and beverage experiences available at our resorts and on the island truly elevate our visitors’ vacations, and we look forward to offering even more unforgettable events and dining experience over the next few months.”
New culinary offerings, upcoming experiences and special offers include:
- SelvaRey Rum Partnership: Baha Mar is partnering with Bruno Mars’ new spirits brand, and the partnership will kickoff with an epic Labor Day Weekend celebration – the Pina Colada Pool Party at SLS Baha Mar Privilege Pool. The event will feature a series of DJ sets throughout the weekend with tropical drinks available from the spirit brand, all leading up to Sunday’s performance by award-winning artists Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak.
- The Bahamas Culinary & Arts Festival: The first ever The Bahamas Culinary & Arts Festival will take place October 21-23, headlined by internationally renowned and celebrated chefs, including Marcus Samuelsson of Marcus at Baha Mar Fish + Chop House, Daniel Boulud of Café Boulud and Dario Cecchini of Carna. The festival will kick off with a welcome party hosted by Marcus Samuelsson, followed by two days of interactive cooking demos and culinary experiences led by Baha Mar’s epicurean talent and guest chefs. The celebration will conclude with an unforgettable al fresco dining experience on Long Cay, Baha Mar’s lush private island hideaway. Guests who wish to experience this delicious experience can purchase tickets here, from $79 to $499.
- The opening of Knosh: Grand Hyatt Baha Mar will open the property’s first dairy-only, kosher food truck certified under the strict supervision of Chabud of The Bahamas. This exciting new food truck will expand the kosher dining options available for guests with dishes including cauliflower “mac & cheese” made with cauliflower, za’atar, cheddar and smoked gouda; loaded cheese fries with an impossible pattie, cheddar, mozzarella cheese and green onions; and Bahamian Banh Mi with crispy fried local fish, cucumber, pickled carrots, chili fresnos, cilantro, mint, pickle daikon and spicy mayo on a baguette.
Sandals Royal Bahamian
- Cocktails at the new Coconut Grove: Part of the recent renovations at Sandals Royal Bahamian, Coconut Grove is the expansive new lounge area extending Bahamian beach vibes to the center of the resort both day and night. Shaded by coconut palms, the new setting boasts a beach bar with unparalleled sea views and fun, swing-style seating. Guests can enjoy inventive cocktails like the Dragon in the Coconut and Strawberry Guava Frosé and grab a bite at one of the three new food trucks while enjoying live entertainment.
Atlantis Paradise Island
- Paranza: Opening December 2022 at The Cove, Paranza will be a high-end ocean-inspired Italian restaurant by Michelin-star Chef Michael White. The four-time James Beard Award-nominated chef behind Convivio, Alto, AI Fiori and Marea in New York City will join Nobu Matsuhisa (NOBU) and José Andrés (Fish) in making Atlantis the only resort in the region with three Michelin star-rated chefs. At Paranza, guests will enjoy modern coastal Italian cuisine with an emphasis on seafood.
- Café Martinique: Chef Adrien Delcourt from Paris’ Jules Verne takes the helm at the beloved Café Martinique October 2022, bringing signature menu items and updates that reflect his Parisian pedigree matched with the bounty of local Bahamian seafood and regional flavors. The bar and lounge at Café Martinique will also debut an absinthe cocktail list, redefined lounge fare and outdoor terrace seating overlooking the famed Atlantis Marina.
- Dilly Club: The ultra-hip lounge Bon Vivants will introduce Dilly Club this year. This new space in Marina Village will be a café by day serving espresso drinks and baked goods and by night will serve craft cocktails in a colorful oceanside venue.
- Frezca: Formerly known as Sip Sip, Frezca will open at the Cove’s pool deck in 2022 and will serve European and Mediterranean-style cuisines in the outdoor space.
- Tuk Tuk Kitchen: Atlantis Paradise Island will introduce Tuk Tuk Kitchen this year, a breakfast and dinner restaurant with a southeast Asian-inspired menu. Breakfast offerings in this new outpost in The Cove will include a mix of American classics and south Asian breakfast specialties and will cater to groups and families with large-format dining options.
- Graycliff Restaurant: Food aficionados will enjoy upscale cuisine at Graycliff Restaurant – the first five-star restaurant in The Bahamas. This internationally acclaimed fine-dining restaurant is a favorite of famous visitors and features five dining rooms, a private dining room in the wine cellar and a chef’s table in the kitchen. Menu selections range from conch chowder and foie gras with black truffles to chateaubriand for two.
- Chocolate & Spirits Pairing: From Monday to Saturday at 11:15 a.m., guests 18 years and older can learn the secret to pairing chocolate with beer, rum, wine, port and other spirits at Graycliff Chocolatier. Guests will savor a variety of fine pairings from fine rum perfectly matched with a creamy chocolate which presents notes of buttery vanilla goodness to a whiskey matched with a Bahamian-fruit flavored chocolate that titillates the taste buds.
- Gracliff Culinary Academy: Those looking for an interactive dining experience can partake in Graycliff Culinary Academy’s cooking classes, where they will learn the art of cooking in a variety of mouthwatering styles under the guidance of Graycliff Restaurant’s Executive Chef Elijah Bowe and his team. At the end of the class, participants will receive copies of the recipes and a specialty apron to recreate the culinary masterpieces at home.
The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas
- 007 Secret Menu: In honor of the Resorts’ 60th anniversary this year, The Ocean Club has launched an ultra-exclusive 007 Secret Menu guest experience. Guests who book the experience do not receive any details until the morning of the reservation when a “classified” note with instructions is sent to their room and all courses remain a secret. Upon arriving at the dinner, guests will experience a seven-course menu paired with unique martinis from the iconic Martini Bar, paying homage to the seven Bond films released in the 1960s, as well as the Casino Royale 2006 remake, which was filmed on site at the Resort.
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
- F&B Deals to Take Advantage of: Those staying at Comfort Suites Paradise Island from November 16 through December 20 can enjoy a variety of promotions that will enhance their food and beverage experience at the resort. With the Kids Stay, Play & Eat Free promotion, children will get to stay free in-room with their parents, play free at Aquaventure and eat free at Crusoe’s Restaurant. Further extending the food and beverage offerings, guests who stay three to five nights will receive a $50 food & beverage credit and those who stay six nights or more will receive a $100 food & beverage credit.
Margaritaville Beach Resort, Nassau, Bahamas
- $350 Food & Beverage: Guests who book the “Fam”tastic Stay & Play package will receive a 5-night stay and $350 food & beverage credit to be used for daily breakfast, pizza night, top shelf margaritas or snacks. With options including delicious surf and turf at JWB Prime Steak and Seafood, handcrafted cocktails at Changes in Latitude Bar and chef-inspired selections at Vacation Café, there is cusine for the entire family to enjoy at the resort.
Images can be found here.
About Nassau Paradise Island:
Nassau Paradise Island, Bahamas is known for having some of the most beautiful white sand beaches in the world, turquoise blue water, the Caribbean’s best entertainment and a spectrum of resorts from ultra-exclusive to family friendly. This convenient destination is serviced by several non-stop flights from most major U.S. cities. Less than an hour from South Florida and less than three hours from New York City, Nassau Paradise Island is so close, yet feels like it’s a world away. Additional information about where to stay and incredible value-added packages may be found at www.NassauParadiseIsland.com.
Ella Chancellor / Carter Long
Lou Hammond Group
[email protected] / [email protected]