New York City, March 7, 2023 – Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board (NPIPB), the organization responsible for building awareness and motivating travelers to choose Nassau Paradise Island as their vacation destination, hosted top national consumer and trade media and partners at The Institute of Culinary Education in New York City last night for an evening of exciting destination updates and delicious Bahamian cuisine.
This year, the destination is seeing extremely strong tourism numbers, celebrating remarkable milestones, and welcoming new additions that will help it continue to lure both new and returning visitors. Those in attendance experienced a welcome escape from the cold New York winter with music, food, and an atmosphere that was sweetly reminiscent of the warm ambiance on Nassau Paradise Island. The evening began with music from Nassau-born recording artist Lady E while guests enjoyed Bahamian-inspired cocktails and mocktails. Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board CEO Joy Jibrilu took the stage to welcome those in attendance and share destination updates including:
- Strong tourism numbers including foreign air-arrivals up over 71% year-to-date at the end of December 2022, occupancy numbers at partner properties increasing 23 percentage points in 2022 compared to 2021 and room revenue surpassing 2021 levels by 112%
- JetBlue launching new daily nonstop service from New York’s LaGuardia Airport to Lynden Pindling International Airport in Nassau beginning March 30 .
- The opening of Nassau’s first beachfront boutique resort, Goldwynn Resort & Residences, in February 2023
- Nassau Paradise Island emerging as a culinary powerhouse with two culinary festivals happening on the island this year – The Bahamas Culinary & Arts Festival and Nassau Paradise Island Wine & Food Festival
- A $300 million transformation of the Nassau Cruise Port with the addition of a sixth berth, a new terminal building, a Junkanoo museum, event and entertainment space, a 3,500-person Amphitheater, a living coral exhibit, unique local stores and new food and beverage facilities.
- The revitalization of the beautiful Queen’s Staircase – a beloved site for visitors and locals alike
- The Promotion Board’s Times Square Initiative bringing bright 3-D billboards representing the destination to an iconic New York City spot
In addition, master mixologist Marv Cunningham and award-winning Chef Jamal Small served up bites and beverages highlighting signature ingredients and giving guests a taste of The Bahamas with an exciting demonstration of some of their most sought-after creations. Marv demonstrated Spiced Pineapple Rum Old Fashioned and the classic Bahamian Skyjuice for the crowd in addition to concocting a variety of other mocktails and cocktails for guests to enjoy throughout the night. Chef Jamal treated attendees to a demonstration Vegan “Conch” Salad, Diced Vegetables, Citrus Jus, Goat pepper Goombay Punch Foam as well as other destination-inspired cuisine. “Nassau and Paradise Island have always been well-known destinations, but there continues to be exciting new reasons to visit in 2023 that will lure both new and returning visitors,” said Joy Jibrilu, CEO of Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board. “We are so pleased with all that is happening in Nassau Paradise Island and can't wait to have all of you experience the taste of The Bahamas.
About Nassau Paradise Island:
Nassau Paradise Island, Bahamas is known for having some of the most beautiful white sand beaches in the world, turquoise blue water, the Caribbean’s best entertainment, and a spectrum of resorts from ultraexclusive to family-friendly. This convenient destination is serviced by several non-stop flights from most major U.S. cities. Less than an hour from South Florida and less than three hours from New York City, Nassau Paradise Island is so close, yet feels like it’s a world away. Additional information about where to stay and incredible value-added packages may be found at www.NassauParadiseIsland.com