Destination Honeymoon Planning Guide
Wondering where to start your happily ever after? With luxurious accommodations, secluded stretches of beautiful beaches, and romantic recreation, there’s no better spot to spend your first days as husband and wife than Nassau Paradise Island. After all, it’s Better In The Bahamas.
Whether you crave relaxing on the beach, outdoor adventure, local culture, or an extended party, Nassau Paradise Island has everything you need to make your honeymoon dreams a reality.
To help countdown to your post-nuptials trip to paradise, we’ve put together a planning guide detailing everything you need to know for a destination honeymoon in The Bahamas.
6-8 Months Before Your Honeymoon
– Check the status of your passport and renew if necessary, and research travel insurance.
– Set a budget and look into local travel deals.
– Book your airline tickets. The sooner you reserve and confirm your seat assignments the better, especially if you’re booking with points.
– Book your room. In Nassau Paradise Island the options are endless! From beachfront resorts and seaside villas, to luxury hotels and exclusive retreats, your perfect accommodation awaits you. Don’t forget to check out honeymoon packages before booking.
3-4 Months Before Your Honeymoon
– Make your must-have dinner reservations. With celebrity chef experiences, fine dining, and casual al fresco island meals, there is something to satisfy every appetite in Nassau Paradise Island. If you’re dying to try a special spot, it never hurts to book in advance.
– Start making your packing list. The earlier you start, the less likely you are to forget something.
1 Month Before Your Honeymoon
– Plan your activities. While you may not want to plan too much, you’ll save time figuring out the details on your must-experience excursions if you book beforehand. Check out these five activities for newlyweds for inspiration!
– Book spa appointments. If you want to indulge in paradise with a spa treatment or couples massage, save the day of booking stress by scheduling in advance.
– Fill any necessary prescriptions.
– Shop! Now is the time to shop for those special honeymoon essentials. But don’t worry, if you do happen to forget something, the shops in Nassau Paradise Island will have everything you need!
2 Weeks Before Your Honeymoon
– Confirm travel reservations including flight, hotel, dining, and excursions.
– Collect and make copies of your travel documents, and write down your itinerary and important phone numbers. Leave copies with someone at home and pack another set in your suitcase.
– Ask a friend or neighbor to check your mail for late wedding gifts or register at the post office to stop delivery.
– Withdraw pocket money –S. currency is accepted throughout the island.
– Start packing. Starting early will ensure that you have everything you need and that it will all fit in your suitcase.
1-2 Days Before Your Honeymoon
– Make a copy of your marriage license for proof when collecting potential newlywed perks.
– Check the weather forecast to make sure you’ve packed appropriately, and finish packing for paradise. Be sure to label your luggage.
– Get your camera ready. Whether it’s a top of the line camera or cell phone, you’ll want to preserve your vacation memories.
On Your Honeymoon
– Relax and enjoy every minute!
For more information about planning your honeymoon in The Bahamas, check out our couple’s guide to paradise!