Itinerary: R&R in Paradise
Sometimes, a quick change of scene is all you need to feel rested and rejuvenated. And while the powdery white sands, sunny skies, and sparkling turquoise waters of The Bahamas may feel worlds apart from your daily routine, Nassau Paradise Island is perfectly situated for a stress-free long weekend getaway!
With convenient nonstop flights from many major cities, it’s easier than ever to escape to Paradise for a three-day weekend packed with pampering spa treatments, leisurely beach strolls, and plenty of opportunities to soak up the sun. You’ll be back at your desk on Monday morning feeling completely refreshed and ready to go.
If you’ve only got three days in Nassau Paradise Island and are in need of some serious relaxation, check out our R&R itinerary to help you make the most of your getaway.
Day One: Head to the beach.
– As soon as you’ve checked in to your hotel or resort, change into your swimsuit and head straight for the beach. Most of Nassau Paradise Island’s hotels and resorts are beachfront properties or are located just steps from the sand and surf, so you’ll never be far from the sparkling warm waters and pristine sands that everyone loves. Don’t forget to pack your
beach bag essentials so you’ll be well-equipped for a day of basking in the sun.
– Eat dinner at the Arawak Cay Fish Fry, a favorite with visitors and locals alike. No reservations needed, no dress code to adhere to – nothing but good vibes and great food abound at this laid-back selection of casual restaurants serving the freshest, most flavorful seafood you’ll find in The Bahamas. With your first sip of frosty Kalik beer and your first bite of fresh, succulent conch, you’ll instantly shift into vacation mode.
Day Two: Unwind with a spa day.
– Start your day with a rejuvenating yoga class at Atlantis Paradise Island’s fitness center. You can even do sun salutations in the outdoor yoga garden overlooking the four-lane lap pool, then dive in and swim a few laps to cool down before you head to the spa.
– With 32 treatment rooms, two tropical rain showers, plunge pools, and steam and sauna rooms, an appointment at the Mandara Spa at Atlantis is a must for anyone in need of relaxation. Choose spa services a la carte from the spa menu, or pick one of their full-body treatment packages for a pampering experience from head to toe. If you prefer, you can even arrange a massage on the beach or on the pool deck.
– Linger over dinner at Dune at The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas. From your table on the oceanfront deck, soak up stunning sunset views over the water as you savor innovative French-Asian cuisine from internationally renowned Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Complement your meal with a martini carefully crafted using premium spirits and ingredients, and don’t forget to save room for a bite or two of dessert!
Day Three: Explore at your own pace.
– After breakfast, head to Happy Trails Stables for a leisurely horseback ride along the Nassau beach. Spending time with animals has been proven to reduce stress and provide relaxing, restorative effects – and beautiful ocean views won’t hurt either. No prior riding experience is required, and rides take place at a meandering, easy pace.
– Spend the afternoon at Graycliff. Situated in a lush, leafy setting, you won’t believe this quiet and relaxing oasis is in the heart of Nassau! Gourmet experiences abound at Graycliff – choose from wine and cheese pairings, chocolate and spirits tastings, a cigar rolling demonstration, and much more. Be sure to pick up some sweet treats to bring home for the perfect souvenirs of your relaxing getaway.
– Before you go, be sure to spend some time lounging next to Graycliff’s pool. With its distinctive blue and green tiled pattern and elegant tropical garden setting, it’s a secluded escape where you can lie back, relax, and forget about your worries and cares for another day. Order a handcrafted cocktail or simply hide under a huge straw hat and pretend you’re one of the Graycliff’s famous guests.
Have we convinced you that a long weekend in Paradise is a good idea? Take a look at our current travel deals and start planning your relaxing escape in Nassau Paradise Island today. Join us and see why long weekends – and total relaxation – are better in The Bahamas!