She’s known to her fans as Mother Monster. He’s been called The Last Crooner. They have a total of 22 Grammy awards between them. Together, they’re taking the stage at Atlantis Paradise Island on June 13 in what’s sure to be an unforgettable night of amazing music. Don’t miss Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett, live in Nassau Paradise Island!
Get ready for the show by brushing up on your Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga knowledge. Here are 10 facts you may not know about this talented duo.
1.Tony Bennett was born Anthony Dominick Benedetto in New York in 1926 to a grocer father and a garment worker mother, meaning he’s 88 years old now – and showing no signs of slowing down!
2. Also a native New Yorker, Lady Gaga was born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta in 1986. Currently at age 29, her net worth is an estimated $110 million US – not bad for being under 30.
3. From 1944-1946, Tony Bennett fought in France and Germany with the US Army and was involved in the liberation of a concentration camp. Since then, he’s become known as a pacifist and anti-war activist.
4. Wondering where Lady Gaga got her stage name? She alleges that her music producer ex-boyfriend, Rob Fusari, called her Gaga after the Queen song Radio GaGa. When she decided to choose a stage name, she added the Lady because she liked the regal connotations of the word.
5. Tony Bennett shortened his own lengthy moniker on the advice of Bob Hope, who discovered Bennett while he was performing at a New York City club.
6. In addition to her music career, Lady Gaga is also a philanthropist who has donated significantly to various charities. She donated the proceeds of a 2010 concert at New York City’s Radio City Music Hall to help victims of the earthquake in Haiti, an estimated $500,000. She also designed a bracelet to help aid victims of the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami in 2011, which has raised $1.5 million. Sales from her Viva Glam lipstick by cosmetics brand MAC have raised more than $202 million to fight HIV and AIDS.
7. Tony Bennett is also no stranger to lending his name to good causes. He’s supported organizations such as the American Cancer Society, MusiCares, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and UNICEF, to name just a few. In 1999, he and his longtime partner, Susan Crow, established Exploring the Arts, a foundation that works with 17 schools in New York City and Los Angeles to help strengthen the role of the arts in public high school education.
8. You may catch a glimpse of Lady Gaga on the big screen in the future. To date, she’s appeared in a handful of movies: Machete Kills (2013), Muppets Most Wanted (2014), and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014).
9. Tony Bennett is also a man of multiple talents, having written four biographies between 1996 and 2012. He also has seven honorary doctorates from acclaimed universities.
10. In 2015, the duo’s album, Cheek to Cheek, received the Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album Grammy award.
Join us in Paradise to see Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett in action. Two of pop music’s top performers on stage just steps away from one of the world’s most beautiful beaches – nights out don’t get any better than this!