Many of our guests in Nassau Paradise Island stay with us for a week or longer. But did you know The Bahamas is a great destination for shorter trips, too? With nonstop flights from many major US cities, getting here is quick and easy, and with so many attractions and activities within a small area, you won’t have to spend much time traveling around the islands in order to have a fun and rejuvenating getaway. In just three days, you can create tons of memories that’ll last a lifetime!
Here’s just one sample itinerary for three fantastic days in Paradise.
Day One: Explore Nassau
– After you arrive and check in, head to downtown Nassau to check out some of the city’s top attractions. Start your day at the Pirate’s Museum, where you’ll learn about The Bahamas’ rich pirate history and climb aboard a replica pirate ship. The museum opens at 9am every day, so it’s a great place to begin in the morning.
– Did you work up an appetite at the museum? Perfect! You’re just in time for the Tru Bahamian Food Tour. You’ll have a chance to see the sights of Nassau and learn about the city’s rich heritage while sample food and drink from seven authentic local restaurants and specialty food stores. The tour takes approximately three hours.
– After all that walking (and eating), you’re probably ready for a rest! Spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing on one of our spectacular beaches. Grab a beach chair or just plop a towel in the sand and soak up the sun. Be sure to take a dip in the crystal-clear turquoise water, with an average temperature of 80 degrees!
– Wind down with a fresh seafood dinner next to the water. Nassau’s famous Arawak Cay Fish Fry is the perfect place to try conch fritters, cracked conch, or conch salad. Wash it down with an ice-cold Kalik beer, brewed right here in The Bahamas.
Day Two: Dive In at Atlantis
– Grab your swimsuit, your sunscreen, and your sense of adventure because it’s Aquaventure time! Explore the 141-acre water park, which features thrilling slides and a lazy river. Lockers are available onsite to stash your valuables, as well as plenty of snack or lunch options when you get hungry. Aquaventure is open to guests of Atlantis and Comfort Suites, but you can also purchase a day pass to access the park – see day pass information.
– Once you’ve had your fill of water slides, check out The Dig. Stroll the streets and tunnels of the lost city of Atlantis and bring your camera to capture the gorgeous marine life exhibits. Make sure to stop by the interactive touch tank aquarium for a chance to get up close and personal with conch, starfish, crabs and more.
– Cap off your day at Atlantis with dinner at one of the fine dining options onsite, such as Nobu for gourmet Japanese cuisine or Olives for a Mediterranean-inspired meal. Or indulge your inner James Bond at Café Martinique, which originally appeared in the 1965 Bond movie Thunderball. After dinner, enjoy a moonlit walk through Marina Village and check out the impressive yachts parked there. If you happen to be visiting on a Wednesday or Saturday, stick around for the Junkanoo parades, which happen twice weekly at 9pm.
Day Three: Sailing and Shopping
– Set sail to explore some of the nearby islands on a boat cruise! An Island World Adventures excursion will take you to Saddleback Cay, where you’ll be able to unwind on an uninhabited beach and enjoy an authentic Bahamian lunch. Or hop on a high-speed powerboat with Powerboat Adventures and spend the day snorkeling reefs, feeding stingrays, sharks, and iguanas, and exploring a private island.
– Once you’re back on dry land, it’s time to stock up on souvenirs to bring home. For truly authentic Bahamian arts and crafts visit the Craft Cottage and Doongalik Studios. The two locations are adjacent to one another, so it’s a one-stop shop, and you’ll likely have a chance to meet a couple of local artisans too! Just five minutes away from Paradise Island, Bahama Art & Handicraft is well worth a visit for island-made crafts and artwork.
Start planning your own Nassau Paradise Island getaway! See our current travel deals to save big on your next mini-vacation.