The Graycliff Hotel in the heart of Nassau is known for its world-class accommodation and award-winning dining. But did you know that this iconic property is home to the Caribbean’s largest wine cellar? With a collection of more than 250,000 bottles of wine, it is the third largest wine collection in the world and a wine connoisseur’s dream.
Graycliff Wine Cellar Facts
Here’s everything you need to know about the Graycliff Wine Cellar:
– The cellar holds over $20 million worth of wine.
– The collection of wines come from over 5,000 vintners in 20 countries.
– The collection holds the oldest and one of the most expensive bottles in the world—a 1727 Rudesheimer Apostelwein from Bremen Ratskeller in the “Rheinghau” Region of Germany, priced at US$200,000.
– Graycliff has won the prestigious Wine Spectator Grand Award every year since 1988.
– It has also won the World of Fine Wines 3-Stars since 2015.
Wine lovers can make the most of a visit to Nassau Paradise Island with these wine-derful experiences at Graycliff:
Wine Luncheon: Weekdays at noon, Graycliff hosts a Wine Luncheon where guests are led through a tour and tasting by Graycliff’s Sommeliers, followed by a four-course gourmet meal paired with the appropriate wines.
Graycliff Culinary Academy: During this interactive cooking class, guests learn Bahamian culinary traditions from the executive chef of the Graycliff Restaurant. Guests then taste their creations and discuss culinary ideas with the chef and sommelier and end the experience with a tour of the world-renowned wine cellar.
Graycliff Wine & Cheese Pairing: With a certified Sommelier, Graycliff’s Wine & Cheese Pairing takes participants through a minimum of 8 wine tastings—four red and four white, each paired with cheeses from around the world—along with a tour of the famed wine cellar. The experience is topped off with a wine-themed souvenir for each participant.
Heritage and History of The Bahamas: This tour of the History of the Bahamas and West Hill Street has some fun treats along the way, including a tour of the Graycliff Wine Cellar.
Chocolate & Spirits Pairing: During this experience, guests savor a variety of fine chocolates produced in the Graycliff Chocolatier factory paired with wine, as well as beer, rum, port, and other spirits.