What’s in your beach bag? You’ve got your favorite swimsuit, sunglasses, and flipflops, so you’re practically ready to go! Stock a tote bag with a few easy-to-transport essentials and you’ll be all set for fun in the sun. Make sure you’re ready for a day on the beach with our list of six beach bag must-haves!
1. SUNSCREEN. Choose a formula with SPF 30 or higher, and be sure to reapply every two hours or after swimming. Avoid the dreaded middle-of-the-back sunburn with a My Cabana Boy spray sunscreen applicator, which works with most standard-size spray cans to help you hit your most hard-to-reach spots. Be sure to replace your sunscreen every year, even if it’s not expired, since it loses some of its efficacy over time.
2. A GOOD BOOK. And, if you prefer to use an e-reader, that means a protective cover, too! Here are eight beach-proof e-reader cases to keep your device protected against the sand and sea.
3. A BEACH TOWEL. Available in many colors, the Ultra Fast-Dry Towel is lightweight and compact, doesn’t pick up sand, and dries very quickly, making it perfect for travel! Since it also offers 97% UV protection, the large size towel can double as a beach cover-up.
4. A WATER BOTTLE. Stay hydrated on a hot day with an insulated water bottle – like this one!
5. A SOLAR CHARGER. Never again will you be caught at the beach with a dead cell phone battery! Pick up a solar charger and use the sun’s rays to keep your devices fully charged and ready to go so you can listen to music and take photos to your heart’s content.
6. ZIPLOCK BAGS. Use them to stash wet clothing or swimsuits, protect valuables from sand, or collect treasures you find on the beach.