NASSAU, Bahamas, March 17, 2016 – The marketing efforts of the Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board (NPIPB) have been recognized within the international tourism industry recently through a number of special accolades.
NPIPB was honored as the Destination Award winner and Overall Award winner for the Americas at the Routes Marketing Awards in February. The Routes Marketing Awards annually recognizes excellence in airport and destination marketing. Airlines vote for the marketing efforts that support the successful launch of new air services or the development of existing ones, making them highly regarded in the aviation industry. The Routes Awards are split into five categories: Under 4 Million Passengers; 4-20 Million Passengers; Over 20 Million Passengers; Destination and Overall Winner. As the winner of the regional Americas heat, NPIPB will be entered into the World Routes Marketing Awards in Chengdu, China in September 2016.
NPIPB’s advertising campaign was honored in three categories at the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International’s prestigious Adrian Awards, held recently in New York City. NPIPB and its varying agencies received Adrians for the following categories:
• Integrated Marketing Campaign (Gold) – NetConversion
• Geo-Targeted Search Messaging (Silver) – NetConversion
• Nassau Paradise Island Driving Summer Visitation 2015 (Silver) – NetConversion
• Best Web Ad Series (Silver) – VERB Digital Marketing Agency
• Social Media Strategy (Silver) – VERB Digital Marketing Agency
• Brand Commercial – Television (Bronze) – GoConvergence
• Promotional Video – Television (Bronze) – GoConvergence
• Top 10 Reasons Long Form Infomercial – Television (Bronze) – GoConvergence
The Adrian Awards honor creative brilliance and best practices in hospitality, travel and tourism-related marketing. In its 58th year, the competition has evolved into the world’s most prestigious advertising, public relations and digital marketing competition specifically for the hospitality, travel and tourism industries. This year’s contest was one of the most competitive in history, garnering more than 1,300 entries from around the world, with entries judged by distinguished executives from all sectors of the industry.
The awards and accolades continue a trend for NPIPB, which was honored by Travel Weekly Magazine in October 2015 with three Magellan Awards. Travel Weekly’s Magellan Awards is considered a top honor for the travel industry. From design to marketing services to production, the Travel Weekly Magellan Awards honor the best in travel and salute the outstanding travel professionals behind it all. NPIPB was honored in the following categories:
• Television – Top 10 Reasons Long Form (Gold) – GoConvergence
• Television – NPI Better Campaign (Gold) – GoConvergence
• Destination Marketing TV Commercial – NPI Winter Getaway (Silver) – GoConvergence
“It is a wonderful achievement for us to receive these prestigious awards,” said Fred Lounsberry, Chief Executive Officer of the Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board. “Over the past year we have implemented tactics that were fresh and very integrated. These awards are a testament to the world-class product we have in Nassau Paradise Island and to our incredible partners. We look forward to continued success throughout 2016 and beyond.”